Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 5 (Just One Day Late)

Yesterday, I was thankful for the acts of kindness from strangers.  

As I was approaching work yesterday, I saw a bunch of flashy red and blue lights.  As I got closer, I saw that there was a car accident, resulting in one car being flipped on its side.  Being curious, I wandered a little closer and realized that it was one of my youth kids and her mom that had been driving the car that was rolled.  Thankfully, they were uninjured except for some scrapes.  A man who saw the accident rushed forward to help pull my friends to safety, without hesitation.  

I am thankful for people who, out of the goodness of their heart, step beyond their comfort zone and provide assistance and show unexpected kindness when it is needed most.

No comments: