Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 24

I'm backtracking, because I want to have enough days and I botched my first attempt.  There are just too many people/things that I am thankful for!

Today I am thankful for my brother.  We didn't always get along growing up, but as we have gotten older and stopped torturing each other, I've gotten to see what a decent, caring, hardworking guy he has become.  I love seeing how he is taking after my dad in that he-knows-how-to-fix-anything kind of way.  He is a a handy, knowledgable, Mr. Fix It type, and I am just super impressed with him!

I also love that although we don't live near each other, we get to bond while shooting people on call of duty, and it's just pretty cool.  And we had a heck of a lot of fun as kids, whether it was on our family snowmobile trips where we'd run between the hot tub and indoor pool and jump in, whether it was playing kick the can at grandma and grandpas, whether it was trying to knock each other off the jet skis, or whether it was him racking himself on a piece of playground equipment and blaming me for pulling him down (I have never heard someone scream so loudly in my LIFE!).  We had some good times.

I wish we could hang out more and get to know each other more as the people we are today, because I am excited about the person he is becoming!  I am thankful for who he is turning in to, and thankful for all the memories that I have from growing up with him.

No comments: