Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2

Today, as I was sitting at my desk dealing with a malfunctioning keyboard for the second day in a row, I realized what I am thankful for today: Technology.  When it doesn't work, we throw temper tantrums like hungry toddlers who missed their nap.  However, when it does work, we are happy as a kid with animal crackers watching cartoons.

Specifically, I am thankful for the communication aspect of technology.  I live in a small town and a good deal of my friends and family are an hour or more away.  Technology allows me to conveniently reach all of them with a few clicks or taps!  My iPhone allows me to talk to any of them at a moments notice.  Facebook allows me to contact family and friends in other countries within seconds.  I can keep in contact with my best friend through a secret blog where we post things that only we will understand.  By embracing my inner gamer, I can answer the Call of Duty and battle meanies alongside my friends (even if I look like a dork with my headset on).  By opening up my computer and making a few clicks, I can have a "face to face" conversation with my handsome fella who lives 2 hrs away.

Technology. Is. Awesome.

Except when it brings us things like Honey Boo Boo, Dance Moms, and the Kardashians.

So thank you, technology, and all of your wonderfulness (eh......minus those three things listed above)!

No comments: