Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 25

Okay, so I missed about 13 days blogging about thankfulness.  However, I specifically remember multiple things on each day that I am thankful for, and that's really the whole purpose of this little exercise.

That being said, today I am thankful for my mom.  She has selflessly given so much for me to have a happy life, and she puts everyone before herself.  You would be hard pressed to find many people with a heart as big as hers, and you could see part of that by counting the number of kids throughout the years that she has allowed to live under her roof when they didn't have many other options.

My mom still wants to take care of me when I get sick, and she has already brought me lunch today (a lucky chance that she had to stop by anyway).  When I was young and sick, I would stay home from school and we would watch The Price Is Right and she would fix me a turkey sandwich on a croissant. I am so thankful to have a mommy that took such good care of me, and still does.

I don't tell her often enough, and I always assume she knows, but I am so thankful that God has given her to me as a mother.  I know that He definitely didn't make a mistake where this is concerned (not that my God makes mistakes...that he does NOT do!).  I hope as I continue to grow older, that I will have a heart as big as hers, that I will always put others before myself, and I will be just as wonderful of a mother that she has been to me.

No comments: